Baked Salmon with Coriander and Turmeric
Autumn is nearly here (and for some of you, it has begun), and salmon is always a great dinner for the cooler times. Here’s a recipe from Dr. John Poothullil’s kitchen, an easy-to- prepare salmon dish that will delight your taste buds. There are many ways to prepare salmon, but this is probably one you’ve never tried – marinating it in oil, lemon juice and an assortment of tangy spices – coriander, turmeric, chili powder, ginger, paprika, and more, along with red onions and garlic. Just prepare the marinade, pour over the salmon, and let it marinate for a few hours. Then throw it in the oven for 25 minutes—and an exquisitely tasty dish will be ready to serve with steamed greens, spinach, or another fresh vegetable of your choice. The flavors in this dish will tantalize your taste buds.
Prep time: 15 mins + 2 hours marinate time
2 large fillets of wild sockeye salmon (3 to 3½ pounds)
¼ cup canola oil
Juice of one lemon
1½ teaspoon chili powder
1½ teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1 small red onion grated
2 cloves of garlic grated
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and marinate the fish for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turn the fillets over and bake for another 15 minutes or till done at the level of tenderness you prefer.
- Serve with lemon wedge.
If you are overweight or concerned about getting diabetes, Eat, Chew, Live provides exactly the new science & inspiration you need.
Based on more than twenty years of research, Eat, Chew, Live offers a revolutionary new explanation of high blood sugar and Type 2 diabetes. While traditional medicine says it is due to “insulin resistance,” Dr. Poothullil disagrees. Eat, Chew, Live will show you:
- How the consumption of grains causes your body to develop high blood sugar
- How you can lower your blood sugar to avoid or reverse Type 2 diabetes without using drugs.
- How you can change your eating habits to avoid grains while still enjoying every meal
There are no special diets to follow or products to buy. Get your copy today and inform yourself.