Stuffed Red Bell Peppers
According to WebMD, “Peppers have a lot going for them. They’re low in calories and are loaded with good nutrition. All varieties are excellent sources of vitamins A and C, potassium, folic acid, and fiber. Plus, the spicy ones liven up bland food, making it more satisfying.
You’ve seen bell peppers — green, orange, yellow, and red — in the grocery store or in a salad bar. Red peppers pack the most nutrition, because they’ve been on the vine longest.”
Try this easy recipe for Stuffed Red Bell Peppers:
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Serves: 3-4 people
- 4 – 6 Red bell peppers, medium size
- 1 pound Ground beef, turkey, or other meat
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 1 Portabella mushroom
- 1 Red onion
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- Sautee the onion and garlic in oil. Add mushroom cut into small pieces. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add ground meat and cook until browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- Drain excess fat from the pan.
- Add tomato paste & seasonings and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove ribs and seeds from green peppers and stuff each one with the meat and mushroom mix.
- Baste with olive oil and bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!